YOUR APPRENTICESHIP JOURNEY
IS AN APPRENTICESHIP FOR ME?
If you are looking for the opportunity to earn and learn, then apprenticeships might be just what you are looking for. You will work full time whilst learning on the job and also gaining a qualification. Whether you are leaving school, college or university at 16/17/18 years of age or older, or if you have been working for a few or many years then apprenticeships could be an ideal opportunity for you.
You don’t need to wait until you are 18 if studying full time at educational establishments is not for you, you can commence at 16 years of age. Apprenticeships are best suited to people who prefer a hands-on approach to learning in a working environment.
There are numerous apprenticeships available for people leaving education and for those that have been in employment for either a few or many years you can access the information on apprenticeships here.
To access a guide to apprenticeships click here.
Below are some of the advantages of an apprenticeship if continuing education is not for you;
- You will receive a salary
- Your will not have a student loan to pay off
- You will develop your soft skills, communication and teamworking for example, receiving support in your place of work with regular visits from assessors, along with training and coaching which may be on or off the job.
- You will gain experience in the work place enabling you to demonstrate your ability either to the employer who has supported you with your apprenticeship or another employer should you apply for a new role on completion of your apprenticeship. Circa 71% of apprentices stay with their employer after finishing their apprenticeship and 90% stay employed
- You commence your career path at a much earlier age, however, your apprenticeship does not restrict you from moving into different industry or continuing your learning at a higher level
Some of the advantages of an apprenticeship if you are already in employment;
- You can work towards a qualification whilst continuing your current employment
- You will receive a qualification and recognition for the skill and knowledge gained, which may include management, supervisory or administration along with many others
- The opportunity for promotion within your existing company or a new company
- Stepping stone to continue your learning and obtain further qualifications including degree level
- Qualification that is relevant to you
- Increased salary and benefits
If you want to speak with one of our team to carry out your research into whether an apprenticeship is the right qualification for you then please contact us or telephone 01926 355560 and ask to speak to a member of our apprenticeship team.
Steps to achieving your Absolute Apprenticeship
Agree action plans with assessor
Gather evidence of activities at work
Complete various “assignments”
Meet with the assessor for observations/feedback
How Absolute Apprenticeships Work
We will cover our commitment, employer responsibilities and what the apprentice can expect during the 15-18 month programme.
ARE YOU AN EMPLOYER?
Enquire about how we can help kickstart your business with our Absolute Apprenticeships.